Saturday, December 13, 2008

Introducing.....

Porter Hyrum Skousen

December 10, 2008 5:11 AM
7 lbs 12 ounces
21 inches

I am so glad to be home from the hospital with a new healthy little boy!! He has brought a wonderful spirit to our family and we are so excited that he has come to join us. I went into labor on my own on December 9th, and in the wee hours of December 10th they measured me at 5 cm and I quickly got an epidural. After the baby was born, the doctor handed the baby to us so we could see on our own if it was a boy or girl. I instantly began to cry when I saw it was a boy!! I couldn't be happier!! Everything went smoothly with the delivery and we feel so blessed that Porter is healthy!!!

We had a difficult time narrowing our list of about 30 names down. Joe and I have always loved the name Porter. If any of you are familiar with the stories of Porter Rockwell, you know that he was an amazing man. He was not only Joseph Smith's bodyguard, but also his true and faithful friend. Click here to read the inspiring story about Porter Rockwell. Also, we thought it would be appropriate to use Hyrum as the middle name. Two men that were not only true to Joseph Smith, but true to God!!

We love our little Porter!!! Thanks for coming to us!!









13 comments:

Laura W said...

I am so excited for you guys and your cute new sweetheart. Your labor is so similar to mine with Bree. I'm glad it went well! Have fun with the baby snuggles. :)

Apron Appeal said...

I love the looks on Kayla and Isaiah's face when they are holding Porter. It's so great!

I pray that the postpartum yuckies pass over you entirely or if they must come, that they pass quickly. If you're feeling out of sorts, talk, talk, talk,to anyone but I'm there for you, call me ANYTIME. It's no good to try to work it out on your own.

Gwen

Andrea Weaver said...

I swear he is smiling in that picture w/joe!!! How adorable and precious! I can't get over how old Isaiah is looking!! I would love to come see him! Let me know when things have settled down, or if I can bring over some dinner or take the kids! I'd love to help. Seriously!

Wilson Family said...

What a cute family! He is so cute. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats to your cute family and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name! He's so handsome!

Paige said...

Heidi, I'm so happy for you to not be pregnant anymore!! It's so much better on mommies bodies to have them on the outside! Worse on their mental, emotional, and physical exhaustion... But you can't win 'em all, right???

Have you and Joe eaten at Porter's Place in Lehi? If not, we should go on a double date there sometime!

Jules Holbrook said...

Heidi, you stole our name! Porter was our #1 boy name and for the exact same reason. First come, first served, I guess. :o) I better have a girl now. We love you guys and are glad you're doing well. I can't wait to meet the new little guy!

Danielle said...

That is such an awesome name. When I was pregnant with Drew he was either going to be Porter or Drew. It all depended on the hair color. Very cool name. And that is neat that he is named after Porter Rockwell and Hyrum Smith. I'm so glad all is well and your home safe and sound. What a cute family you guys are.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have the cutest family! That picture of the kids holding Porter is so cute. We love having you as neighbors. Congrats!!!
Kristy

Lacey said...

Yeah Skousens, what a cutie pie! We are so happy for you. Welcome to the world Porter. Hope you are all doing well.

Krista Cook said...

Thanks for sharing. We are so happy for you. I love the name. Congratulations!

Krista

Mandy said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! That is so awesome! He is absolutely adorable! I love the name too! Miss you guys!

pmkennedy said...

What great pictures! I'm sure you'll treasure those moments through the years and you'll have the pictures to remind you. What a wonderful strong name. He certainly fits it. Miss you guys!