Thursday, May 14, 2009

How does your garden grow?



Joe has been wanting to plant a garden for months now. So for his birthday, we decided to get him some seed packages of a variety of different fruits and veggies. Well, a week and a half ago he planted some of them in paper cups, like this:



To our surprise this is what our little seeds have sprouted into only a week and a half later. I know I know, I must be very amateur when it comes to plants and gardening, but come on, these things are huge. We have been astonished and we sit a stare at them for a few minutes together every night.




I think we better be planting them in the garden soon. It seems that they have already outgrown the paper cups.


Is it just me or is that an amazing amount of growing for such a little bit of time?

6 comments:

Camille said...

That is impressive! We want to come and eat at your house at the end of the summer! Isaiah has grown up so much I can't believe it.

Tricia said...

I LOVE watching plants grow!! I'm always amazed that a whole huge plant comes out of a tiny seed all on its own without much help...I SO wish I could do a garden. Good luck!

NYCmom said...

WOW! That is awesome! Good for you guys! We got the kids excited about doing some seeds about 2 months ago. Needless to say, that was too soon to transfer outside, so we had to scrap them. So sad. Happy Anniversary guys! And Heidi...Jake is the same way with the kids and doing projects. I'm a little too uptight to just let them make a huge mess. He loves it. I need to just let it go and have fun! :)

Danielle said...

Wow, we need your expertise. Parker planted some seed in cups about a month and a half ago and they are just barely starting to sprout. What is the trick?

Grammy said...

I can't wait to see these plants when they are planted in your garden. Yes, it is a miracle to watch little seeds grow.

beth said...

So how are these plants looking now??
A little bird told me that we live pretty close to each other since your move. Maybe we'll run into each other at the store someday!
My family's blog is set to private now, but I'd love to send you an invitation to view it! If you want, just email me at marriedtoachef@gmail.com so I can put your email address in. :)