Monday, December 3, 2007

Potty talk!

Any mom out there can understand that during the day when you gotta use the bathroom it isn't the most private time. Kayla wants to look in the mirror and see how pretty she is, and Isaiah wants to put toilet paper in the toilet while I am using the toilet. So, to solve this dilemma, Joe put a child proof door knob on the door so the kids won't play in the toilet and walk in while others are using the bathroom.

We have been trying to potty train Kayla little by little and when we sit her on the potty we tell her encouraging things like: "You can do it!" or "You are doing great!" or we even say "Push!".

Well, today I had a funny experience. I went to the bathroom, shut the door, and a second later I heard a knock on the door. The conversation went as follows:

Kayla: Mom, what are you doing?
Me: Just using the potty, I'll be out in a second.
Kayla: Do you need help?
Me: No, I'll be out soon.
Kayla: Mommy, you can do it!!
Me: Thanks Kayla ( I said with a laugh)

Then I heard Kayla say, "Mommy, PUSH!! Good job, you are a big girl!"

I just had to laugh. The joys of raising a 2 year old. I love it!

5 comments:

Skousen # 4 said...

Oh she is so cute. I miss her little face.

tristanandtricia said...

That's so funny! Kayla is so cute. I love that they copy their parents exactly. :)

NYCmom said...

Hahahaha that's so cute! I never really realize what I'm saying to Jackson until he says it back to me. It's so funny.

Anonymous said...

that is so cute. I can totally relate. How come dads usually get to use the bathroom in peace, but never moms!
Ruth

dersley said...

what a cute story. Kayla is such a character!