Monday, February 9, 2009

Stripes!!



When Joe and I were dating he noticed that I wore a lot of striped socks. Even on Halloween I wore LONG red and white striped socks, claiming I was Wheres Waldo's wife. After a few months of marriage he finally got the nerve to tell me that he didn't particularly like my choice of striped socks. Now, it is the running joke between us..........striped socks, and anything too stripey for that matter. Sometimes I like to tease him by wearing a lot of stripes.

Well, this morning after I got Porter out of the bath I asked Kayla to get me a diaper and an outfit for Porter. This is what she came up with..........the hat, shirt, pants, and hat, ALL stripes. I guess the love for stripes is genetic.

4 comments:

NYCmom said...

Hahahahah! That's too funny. When I saw the title on my blog I was wondering if this was about your striped socks! :) Cute Porter! He's getting so big!!

Paige said...

Ah, genetics! They'll get'cha every time!! Tell Joe if that is the worst thing you have going genetically, he's one LUCKY man!!

Naomi said...

So funny! I love that look. When Dirk and I were dating, I constantly wore this striped shirt that I thought was very flattering. He hated it, but didn't tell me until we'd been married several months. What is the big deal about stripes? They're harmless, and yet, there are people who don't like them. . . I don't get it.

Grandma Poulsen said...

Way to go, Kayla! I like the striped outfit you selected for your baby brother!