Thursday, March 26, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

We had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day. I think I hyped it up a little too much because everywhere we went, Kayla would tell everyone that we were going to have a big huge St. Patrick's Day party. She wanted to know just what the leprechauns looked like so she decided to write them a note and taped it on her bedroom door to ask them to leave a picture of themselves. She asked me how to spell leprechaun (as if I really knew, good thing for spell check on the computer) and she drew a picture of our family, meaning that she wanted the leprechauns to leave their picture. Sure enough a picture of them "magically" appeared on her door (thanks to Joe).



We had a fun breakfast in the morning. Starting in Michigan, each St. Patrick's day, I fill this mug up for Joe with orange juice in it for breakfast. Joe loves big huge mugs, and sometimes he even breaks it out during the Christmas holidays to put hot chocolate in it. Porter even wanted to try a little bit.


3 comments:

Matt and Elaina said...

I like Kayla's picture of your family! It looks like you guys had a fun day! What a beautiful rainbow!

Skousen # 4 said...

Could your kids be any more perfect. I miss there little faces. They are so happy and sweet.

Grandma Poulsen said...

I like the green eggs. I am sure, Heidi, that this brings back memories of your own childhood.