Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The memory of a child

Kids have the best memories. I always heard that before becoming a mom, but now Kayla has confirmed that to me. Many times I tell her something that we can do the night before and then the next day she is so quick to remind me of my promise. Well, last night Kayla wanted one more bedtime story. Joe told her that when she woke up she could come in our room with a book and he would read it to her. Well, early this morning, Kayla crept out of bed and brought Joe "Sleeping Beauty", and she said, "Okay daddy, I'm ready for my book." It was so cute. Shortly after Isaiah woke up and wanted to be part of the fun, so I had to snap this picture. Thanks for being such a great dad Joe!!!


3 comments:

juli said...

Our kids remind us of stuff like that all the time! How can you resist when they are so cute! We love you guys!

Paige said...

Heidi, first of all, I LOVE your bed! I called my hubby over to show him the picture which leads me to my second point: Chris and Joe did track together. I scrolled up to show him you and said, "Do you remember my friend Heidi?" And he said, "I remember Joe. He ran track with me." Small world, eh? Chris was a Senior when Joe and I were Sophs.

Jenny and Jake said...

Heidi, your family is so cute! I can't believe how soon your baby is coming. I will for sure call you when we are in Utah so we can catch up!