Monday, February 18, 2008

"Happy poop day to me........."

So, Kayla has been doing extremely well with potty training, but the big number 2 has been giving her problems, or should I say US problems. Last week Joe sat Kayla down and said "What is something you would like if you can go poop in the toilet?" Kayla thought about it for a few minutes and then she quickly replied, "I want a cake with a candle." We agreed. Finally tonight she had some success in the good old potty with number 2!!! YAY!!! But that is not the end of the story. Luckily we had a cupcake in our fridge that some friends had given us for Valentine's Day (thanks so much Blands!). I found an old birthday candle in our cupboard and then I came out with the special lighted cake. Kayla started singing, "Happy Poop day to me, Happy poop day to me..............." I wish I took some video of it, but I will next time and post it. It was the funniest thing ever and I can't stop smiling about it right now. Here is a picture of Kayla with her special cake:



Since I am posting about potty training, I decided to post this picture of her potty sticker chart. Kayla loves putting stickers on it.


If anyone else out there is potty training, GOOD LUCK!!!

6 comments:

Melodie Starr* said...

pouls... you are the cutest mom! I love your posts, and must say that I am going to have to copy all of your cool ideas someday when we have ninos!!! i love and miss you! how long are you going to be out there? do you know where you are planning on ending up?

Skousen # 4 said...

What a cute kid, she has a great smile.

NYCmom said...

Hahahaha...that is great! Isn't it awesome when they finally overcome? Jackson did it the DAY before he turned 3. Nothing like waiting till the last minute! He still has accidents, but now he KNOWS he can do it. I gave him a WHOLE BAG of Skittles for it...he only ate like 1/3 so I gave him the bag again the next time...and the next time. I think we finally finished it off after a couple "pee trips."

Mandy said...

That is seriously hilarious and soooo cute! I might have to try that with Cade! He doesn't want to go poop on the potty at all! Your curry chicken tonight was to die for! Thank you!

Apron Appeal said...

I couldn't stop giggling after I read this post. Goodness! I love potty training. Cami's got her reward system down to a science and has figured out how to watch movies all day long....it appears as if my reward system needs as overhaul.

Laura W said...

I told that story to Dirk and he laughed out loud. Man, I am SO not ready for potty training!! :) But congrats so far!