Monday, October 13, 2008

First Snow

When we returned from St. George, we were amazed by all the snow we had received by our home. The kids were especially excited when they woke up this morning. It seems that winter has come WAY to fast this year, considering we just came from Michigan. Joe and I don't even feel like we have had a summer yet, but we are very excited for a Utah winter. When the kids woke up, the first thing they wanted to do is play in the snow. I found the boxes the snow stuff was hidden in and we set to work to get them all bundled up. Man, it is a chore to bundle up kids for the winter weather, but this is one of our favorite things to do together, play in the snow and I pull them around on the sled.

Here are the kids all bundled up before we ventured out in the snow:




Of course, Kayla had to start a snow ball fight with Isaiah, and Isaiah finally was able to put up a fight of his own.


Kayla could live in the snow all day if I let her.


Here I am pulling the kids on the sled, Kayla smiling, and Isaiah getting his first bite of snow. He kept saying "Yummy Mommy!"


Here's Kayla and Isaiah at the top of the sledding hill close by our house.


And here they are going down.


The kids are in heaven. I guess they are too used to the cold Michigan weather. I just looked at the forecast and it is supposed to be 70 by the weekend. Can you believe that? Maybe we will post some swimming pictures then. :)

4 comments:

Perry's said...

I am very sad that it is going to be 70 by the weekend. I am loving the cold. It means that we are closer to being done with pregnant. I can't wait. How about you*-

Julie M. said...

I can't believe you had SNOW! It was seriously 83 here yesterday. So opposite! Hopefully it gets warm, I hate the snow!

Skousen # 4 said...

I thought Ben would cry once he saw you snow pictures. We miss you guys so much. Cant wait to see you in Dec.

Abbigail said...

Wow! That is so crazy.... no snow here for us. Cute pics, I am glad you guys are settling in.