Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pregnancy update

A few people have been requesting that I post a pregnancy picture, so here you go. This pregnancy has been so different from the other two, but I really can't complain. Of course, at first I was really sick and throwing up a lot, but now it has calmed down and I hardly throw up. I found that taking Unisom has worked for me this pregnancy. If I forget to take it, however, I am extremely sick the next day, so thank you Unisom, it has become my new best friend. A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. At first (about the first 2 weeks) it was so hard to get used to it because I am trying to control my blood sugar soley with diet, but now, I am getting more and more used to it, although I have to admit, I still need a little dose of chocolate every once in awhile. Maybe it was my high intake of chocolate that threw me in my diabetic state :). I have 2 sister-in-laws that have type one diabetes, and let me tell you my respect for them and what they have to deal with on a daily basis and very much gone up. I am so thankful that once the baby is born I won't have diabetes anymore, but Lizzy and Jen will have to deal with it until a cure is found. I makes me want to go into research and help find the cure, but I think the researchers are getting so close. Anyway, I am so excited to get the baby here in a few short months. Kayla is convinced that she has two babies in her tummy. Kayla and Isaiah will be great siblings to this little one. I can't wait to meet him or her.

8 comments:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Heidi you look incredible!! I'm so glad you're feeling better and good luck with the gestational diabetes! We really need to get together!!

Within These Walls said...

You look great! You have a great attitude about the gestational diabetes. I'm glad you're feeling good. I'm really lucky that I am only am sick the first couple of months and only throw up once or twice the entire time. Good luck these last 2 months!

NYCmom said...

Wow! You look amazing! I'm so glad this pregnancy is going better for you. I'm sorry you have to deal with the diabetes but it sounds like you're handling it really well. That post about the chili sauce is funny...I made some last week too! I need to post my pictures. Poor Isaiah! I had no idea you were doing that. You'll have to let us know what they find. Give your kids hugs and kisses from us! Jackson has like 5drawings he's carefully folded and requested that we send them to Kayla so we'll have to get them into the mail this week. xoxox

tristanandtricia said...

You look so cute. I'm glad it's near the end for you. Good luck with all the goings-on in your home. I can't wait to see you this Christmas!

Laura W said...

Wow, you carry pregnancy well! You look fabulous!

Apron Appeal said...

How is Gestational Diabetes possible for you? You are so tiny. If you want a quick read about the science behind Diabetes check this one out: The Diabetes Diet: Dr. Bernstein's Low-Carbohydrate Solution. I read it this summer and was AMAZED at all I didn't know about this disease that is plaguing Americans. From a Health stand point, you may love it. If you are trying to control your diabetes through diet alone...I think it would be a necessary tool to being successful.

Apron Appeal said...

Oops forgot to sign my name. Bills=Gwen (incase you forgot)

juli said...

So Cute! It's hard to believe how fast your pregnancy has gone by for us :)! We love you!!