Thursday, October 2, 2008

A trip to the dentist

Today was Kayla and Isaiah's first visit to the dentist. Kayla was very hesitant when I told her yesterday that we would be going to the dentist today, but the visit turned out to be really enjoyable. In fact, Kayla is asking when she can go to the dentist again

First, Kayla walked into a cow room and had her teeth x-rayed. She sat nice and still. The staff was wonderful and calmed her little nerves.


Next, Kayla was able to watch a movie on the ceiling. Isn't it so tough going to the dentist? I wish I got this treatment when I was her age, this is the life. No wonder she is begging to go back.


Kayla had her teeth cleaned while watching her movie and she held so still and listened to whatever the hygienist said. I was so proud. I thought it was going to be a disaster, but Kayla proved me wrong.


Here's a video of Kayla holding so still. It was so cute watching her get her teeth cleaned.



I love this picture because it shows just how little and petite Kayla is on this big long table. Can you see Isaiah's little hands reaching the tools? He wanted to try them out on his big sister.


When it was Isaiah's turn to get his teeth done, he was very hesitant and didn't want anything to do with them putting their fingers in his mouth. So they did a quick checkup while I held him, and that was enough for him.

Two happy kids with all their fun things. They made them animal balloons. Kayla requested a butterfly and Isaiah a snake. He knows I hate snakes, so right when they gave it to him he ran over to me with the snake and said, "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.........."



The kids also got new spin tooth brushes. Kayla chose Little Mermaid.


And Isaiah got a red Power Ranger. He couldn't be happier with his new power tool.

Here's a video of Isaiah trying out his new power tool.



All in all, this was a great visit at the Dentist. If any of you are looking for a fun place for your kids to go to the dentist, check out Kids Dental Barn in Riverton, Utah. I highly suggest it.

7 comments:

Doney Days said...

My kids LOVE the dentist too. We just went on Monday and Zane had one cavity. So I took him back yesterday and they drilled and filled it without numbing him. He didn't even move! He just lay there watching Tom and Jerry! It's such a relief that we don't have to fight them. Your kids look so cute with their dentist prizes!

Joanne said...

WOW! that was a fun dentist trip, It makes me want to go to the dentist too! Also I love how Isaiah is using his toothbrush, very cute.

Priamos Family said...

So cute! And your little Kayla looks like you in a lot of ways- adorable! I wish my dentist trips were that fun! :)

~Annaliese

Skousen # 4 said...

What great kids. I cant wait to see them and this new baby of yours.

NYCmom said...

I can't believe how big Isaiah is getting!! He just looks so grown up! The kids are really starting to look alike. They definitely belong to you and joe! So cute! I'm glad the kids did so well at the dentist. Jackson has gone and did great. We haven't tried Sydney yet, though she'd probably be ok. She's calmer than Jackson. We miss you!!! xoxox

NYCJD said...

I'll grant that Joe and Heidi look alike. But your kids look A LOT like Joe. That said, Kayla is so much cuter than Joe in drag.

tristanandtricia said...

Cute! I miss you all.