Friday, October 24, 2008

One proud wife

Yesterday was Joe's BIG day. Joe officially became a Lawyer!! It was amazing how fast the swearing in was, but in retrospect, it took MANY MANY MANY baby steps to get to this HUGE step. I was so excited and proud of Joe. I have been the eye witness of this happening in Joe's life and Joe has worked tirelessly to finally attain this huge lofty goal. Joe and I have been through so much together these last 4 short years of marriage. We both graduated from the University of Utah (political science and nursing) had 2 (almost 3) babies, moved many times, spent a summer in Oklahoma and one in Utah BARELY making ends meet, spent 3 cold winters in Michigan, Joe sucessfully finished lawschool and passed the bar.........and the list could go on and on. I am just so happy that Joe has set his goals high and acheived so many AMAZING things. I can't wait to acheive more goals and watch all the wonderful things Joe will do in the future.

Here's Joe waiting for his name to be called (sorry about the bad picture, I was far away)....


Here's Joe getting sworn in (he is on the front row).........


My parents, Joe's parents, Maryann were in attendance for the big day:


One HAPPY family.....



YAY!!! What a fun day!! I am so proud of my husband, GOOD WORK!!!! And good work to all you other high acheivers!!

11 comments:

Perry's said...

great job Joe. We are so proud of you. We wish you the best of luck. If I need a great lawyer I will give you a call :)

Melanie Hoopes said...

wow - that's a pretty impressive 4 years - you have good reason to celebrate!!

Skousen # 4 said...

We are so happy for you guys. I can't believe you are all done with school and now you get to work for a living. We can't wait for that feeling. We love you so much.

Matt and Elaina said...

That is so awesome. Congratulations to your whole family! Heidi - you look so great. I can't believe your baby is coming so soon!

NYCmom said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment. Its the culmination of years and years of effort and dedication.

Naomi said...

I feel so proud of you guys, and you are still the cutest preggers ever!

tristanandtricia said...

Congrats Joe!! You've all worked so hard to get to this point. It's fun to finally see it all coming together.
Love you all lots and lots!!
Tricia and Tristan

Melissa said...

Way to go Joe! Melissa Holmstead (used to be Doney) here. That is a huge accomplishment for all of you!! Way to be the loving and supportive wife Heidi, that's a big job too. I feel like we're living almost the same life. We just finished law school and did the whole bar thing too. Crazy! By the way, your family is adorable!!

Wilson Family said...

Hey! Congratulations once again guys! We really are very excited for you! We'll have to post Mike's as soon as he gets sworn in. Keep up the good work!

Smoothie said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it feels great ... and a big congrats to the supporting cast as well particularly, Heidi! I know how much of a support Jamie has been to me, so again congratultions Team Skousen!

Abbigail said...

Congrats! I can't believe how big Isiah is. I also can't believe you are so close to another one! That is amazing.